Click here to get the conversation started.
We're Hiring: Designer
Does this role speak to you and whisper, “this is definitely for me”? Send along your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered. Designers are required to provide a portfolio of work as well.
This position is filled by a critical thinker who grounds their creative work in research, strategy, and concept. A collaborative powerhouse who knows how to use their design chops for good not for trend.
REQUIREMENTS & KEY CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years professional experience in a design studio, branding agency, or similar environment
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of design principles such as concept, layout, typography, color, etc
- Strong verbal and written skills and aren’t afraid to use them, whether writing a quippy tagline or a carefully worded email
- Clear, articulate communication of ideas and solid presentation skills
- Enthusiastic, talented and passionate about design
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Collaborative spirit and a genuine interest in the success of the entire team’s work
- Ability to brainstorm, give and receive feedback, and assimilate instructions into actions while understanding when to go beyond just the feedback provided
- Organizational and project management skills with a strong ability to multi-task, manage deadlines as well as client and team expectations
- Reliable with a sharp focus on details, you notice errors and inconsistencies that clients may make, not the other way around
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with expert knowledge of publication or book design in InDesign, logo and identity systems in Illustrator, photo retouching and color correcting in Photoshop
- Knowledge of printing and digital techniques and production file preparation
- Dependability, a strong work ethic, a pleasant personality, and an open and accepting mind
- Strong research skills, ability to scan the landscape and pull in influences that may not have been initially considered or analyze trends quickly to either lean into or pull away from
- Illustration, photography, interactive/digital, video/animation experience
- Web design and cursory knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Familiarity with building social media strategy
- Building things with your hands
- Interest in hospitality, food & beverage, and restaurants
- Familiarity with Asana or other productivity tools
We are responsive, transparent, and respectful, a tight knit team with a highly collaborative spirit. We know how to set aside ego, avoid assumptions, and listen to each other and our clients.
The caliber of our work is a reflection of the caliber of our team. Each of us brings critical thinking, creativity, hard work, and commitment to the table. With a small team like ours there is nowhere to hide…muahaha…
Being reliable means more than hitting your own deadlines. It means having each other's backs and remaining solution-oriented under shifting priorities or unexpected challenges.
We're motivated self-starters with curious minds. Our comfort zone is discomfort! Or at least the willingness to explore the unknown and tackle new challenges.
The glass is half full. Unless the goal is to empty it, then it’s half empty—hooray. We are positive, compassionate, and have no time for racists, homophobes, misogynists, classists, or other willful haters.
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the Junior Account Manager Position